The Newfoundland and Labrador provincial government is responsible for a number of programs enabling adults to gain literacy skills and high school equivalency, so they might (re)enter post-secondary education activities and/or the labour force.
To learn more about these programs, please follow the links below.
- Basic literacy, including ABE Level I and one-to-one tutoring
- High school equivalency and upgrading, including ABE Level II/III and GED
- The Way Forward on Adult Literacy, a five-year action plan for adult literacy in the province
- Publications, including ABE Curriculum Documents
- Frequently Asked Questions