- Apprentices are required to work a set number of hours after which they are required to attend block/level training which is generally 6-8 weeks in duration.
- Exams are scheduled at the end of in-school training periods
- If an apprentice is unsuccessful in obtaining 70 per cent on a block or Red Seal certification exam, they are provided with opportunities to rewrite the exam, 20 business days after the original exam writing date.
- Rewrite opportunities are scheduled monthly in each regional apprenticeship office.
- An apprentice writes a block exam at the end of each in-school training period.
- A Red Seal certification exam is required at the end of the final block of training.
- If an apprentice receives a grade of less than 70 per cent on the exam then they are eligible for a rewrite.
- Rewrite Registration Forms must be submitted at least three (3) weeks prior to the selected rewrite date.
How do I Apply?
- If an apprentice scores less than 70 per cent, a rewrite must be completed within 90 days.
- Rewrite Registration Forms must be submitted at least three (3) weeks prior to the selected rewrite date. The form outlines the locations and dates of monthly re-writes.
- For block exams, the Rewrite Registration form can be found here.
- For block exams, email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 709-466-3987
- For Red Seal certification exams, the Rewrite Registration form can be found here.
- For Red Seal certification exams, email the form to email@example.com or fax to 709-729-5878.
- Pay the required fee (for certification exam only). Payment must be made online here.
- The apprentice will then be notified via email of the details on the scheduled rewrite.
- If an apprentice would like a breakdown of their block exam results, they can make a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The requested breakdown will be provided after the apprentice has registered for their exam rewrite. For Red Seal certification exams, a breakdown is automatically provided for all failed attempts.
Deadline to apply
The Rewrite Registration Form must be submitted a minimum of three (3) weeks prior to the selected exam rewrite date. If an apprentice is unable to attend a scheduled rewrite, notice must be sent to email@example.com three (3) business days prior to the scheduled exam date.
- Rewrite Registration Form is sent by the apprentice.
- Exam Coordinator assesses application.
- Exam Coordinator will confirm the apprentice’s eligibility to rewrite the exam and the availability of space at the chosen location/date.
- For Red Seal certification exams, the Coordinator will also confirm that the required fee has been paid.
A confirmation email will be sent to the apprentice at least one (1) week before the scheduled rewrite date.
Click here for details on the service standard.