- Interprovincial Trades
- Trades that offer an Interprovincial or Red Seal endorsement, permitting the holder to move and work in other provinces/territories without having to write any further examinations.
- Provincial Trades
- Non-Red Seal trades designated provincially for training and/or certification where local needs dictate.
- Certification Only
- While training is not currently provided in Newfoundland and Labrador for these trades, the Department does provide certification examinations.
- Training and Certification
- Both training and certification are approved to be offered in Newfoundland and Labrador for these trades.
In the table below, an asterisk (*) in the Approved for Training and Certification column indicates that a trade may not be currently available for training at a post-secondary training institution in NL. Please check the Provincial Post-Secondary Offerings List, which is updated annually, for confirmation of availability for training.
To request the designation of a trade in Newfoundland and Labrador please submit the following Application (1 MB).
By clicking an Interprovincial trade below, you will be provided with information on Interprovincial Red Seal programs and associated products.
Note: all links will open in a new window.