Provides financial and administrative services both internally within the department, and externally to other departments and/or agencies of government.
- Prepare and monitor the department’s annual budget
- Ensure financial monitoring systems are in place so the department’s management team can regularly monitor expenditures throughout the year
- Provide general accounting services (i.e. accounts payable, inventory maintenance, and bank reconciliation processes)
- Provide support services for accurate and timely delivery of income support payments to clients
- Preparation of financial reports and other information to facilitate the financial management of the department
- Provide administrative services relative to purchasing, office accommodations and communications
- Administer cost-shared agreements
- Maintenance of financial policies and procedures manuals
- Ensures that all financial activities within the department are consistent with departmental and governmental policies, procedures, regulations and legislation, including the Financial Administration Act
- Develop and maintain automated systems to assist in the delivery of services to clients and consumers
- Provide system support to both internal and external users.
- Provide budgetary advice, ongoing financial analysis and consultative services to the Department’s management team
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of the department’s three year financial plan
- Maintain outstanding receivables and collections
- Provides independent and professional assessment, to improve and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the Department’s operations, including internal controls, business processes, systems, and policies and procedures