The Policy, Strategic Planning, and Quality Assurance Division implements corporate policy requirements and leads planning activities for the whole department. Services of the division include providing Executive support through the coordination of legislative reviews and the preparation of briefing materials, cabinet papers, and central agency requests; providing information and research related to the employment relations climate; coordinating accountability measures through the development of strategic, operational and work plans, annual performance reports, performance contracts and evaluation plans; charting the progress of publicly released Government commitments; representing the Department and supporting the Minister and Executive on Federal, Provincial and Territorial committees and fora; coordinating and leading cross-government initiatives within the department, such as regulatory reform, business continuity and website maintenance; participating in interdepartmental initiatives; and supporting the Income and Employment Support Appeal Board.
- Provides executive support through coordinating legislative reviews and the preparation of briefing materials, cabinet papers and central agency requests.
- Coordinates planning and accountability measures through the development of strategic, operational and work plans; annual performance reports and performance contracts.
- Provides information and research related to the employment relations climate of the province including enhancements to policies, programs, services and legislative frameworks.
- Provides policy support to the Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission and Review Division.
- Implements quality improvement initiatives which lead to changes in policy, practice and program design.
- Represents the department and supports the Minister and executive on federal, provincial and territorial committees and forums.
- Coordinates and leads cross-government initiatives, such as regulatory reform.
- Coordinates department-wide functions such as business continuity plans.
- Manages departmental websites.
Clients are internal employees, elected officials, other government departments, federal-provincial-territorial governments, consultants and individuals requesting access to information.
Director: Alicia Sutton
Policy, Strategic Planning, and Quality Assurance Division
Department of Advanced Education, Skills and Labour