Employment Counselling is available to assist individuals with:
- exploring career, training and employment options
- developing an employment plan, and
- overcoming challenges to finding work
Who Does it Serve?
Employment Counselling is available to individuals who:
- would benefit from one-on-one counselling or group counselling sessions to sort out career interests
- are unemployed and looking for work
- need help with decision-making and developing a plan
Advanced Education, Skills and Labour has Career Development Specialists (CDSs) located throughout the Province who are available to give information, counselling, and follow-up services to individuals who are exploring career options or looking for a job.
The Career Development Specialist will work with an individual to help create a plan to reach the ultimate goal of finding work. Employment Development Supports are available to eligible individuals to help them reach career and employment goals.
How to Access?
To set up an appointment with a Career Development Specialists, contact your local Advanced Education, Skills and Labour office:
General inquiries: 1-800-563-6600