- Policy on Request for Transcripts for Closed Private Training Institutions
- Open Institutions
- Closed Institutions
Policy on Request for Transcripts for Closed Private Training Institutions
The Department of Advanced Education, Skills and Labour maintains copies of transcripts (and in some cases, diplomas) for a number of closed private training institutions. In order to release a former student’s transcript and/or diploma from a closed private training institution, the Department requires the following:
- The request is to be made in writing by submitting a completed, signed Student Record Request form (119 KB).
- Third party requests for verification of credentials will be processed only with written permission from
the former student.
- Transcript and diploma requests will be released to third parties if the request is accompanied by a completed, signed Consent form (56 KB).
- Requests can be sent via email to email@example.com, via fax at (709) 729-0243, or mailed to the following address:
Division of Literacy and Institutional Services
Department of Advanced Education, Skills and Labour
P.O. Box 8700
St. John’s, NL A1B 4J6
All required documents must be included with the request in order for processing to occur.
Please note that a request for a transcript/diploma normally takes 10 business days to process. Where a transcript is required in a shorter time frame, a processing fee of $30 will be charged.
Transcripts/diplomas can be either mailed, faxed or emailed to the recipient. Please ensure that you identify, in your written request, the address, fax number or email address through which you would like the document(s) sent.
Please be advised that it is the responsibility of a private training institution to maintain appropriate records; therefore, the Department of Advanced Education, Skills and Labour may not have copies of all transcripts or diplomas from closed private training institutions. The requirement for private training institutions to retain copies of transcripts and diplomas and submit them to the Department upon closure came into effect in 1999.
For currently operating private training institutions, College of the North Atlantic or Memorial University, transcripts can be obtained by contacting these institutions directly.
- Private training institutions in operation
- College of the North Atlantic transcript requests
- Memorial University
Student records are available at the Department for the following closed private training institutions:
- Academy of Learning
- Atlantic Construction Training Centre
- Atlantic Aviation Academy
- Avalon Educational Systems
- Avalon Professional Driver Training Institute
- Canadian Training Institute of Technology
- Career Academy
- Centrac College
- CompuCollege/Eastern College
- Corona College
- Graduate Centre of Applied Technology
- Harbinger School of Business
- Highland College
- Lawrence College
- McKenzie College
- SHL Learning Technologies
- SNS Training Centre
- TNT Technical Services
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free.