The Newfoundland and Labrador Credit and Program Transfer Guide
- Download a copy of the 2019-2020 Newfoundland and Labrador Credit and Program Transfer Guide (CURRENT)
For an accelerated, efficient and dynamic way to view all transfer arrangements, access the Newfoundland and Labrador Credit and Program Transfer Online Database. This online search tool displays transfer of credit and program information in a quick and user-friendly way based on a sending to receiving institution basis.
The Newfoundland and Labrador Credit and Program Transfer Guide lists established transfer of credit and program precedents available to students in Newfoundland and Labrador.
This information can be accessed by:
- year-by-year drop-down menu for each item
- printing each Transfer Guide in its entirety (from 2007-2008 to the current year)
- the online database
In addition to providing credit and program transfer information between College of the North Atlantic, Marine Institute and Memorial University, this Guide also provides information about:
- the public post-secondary system
- transfer arrangements linked to the public high school system, such as the International Baccalaureate (IB) program and the Advanced Placement (AP) program
- guidelines for transfer of courses completed from the Adult Basic Education program to the public high school system
- transfer arrangements between the Apprenticeship & Trades Certification Division, Department of Advanced Education, Skills and Labour with College of the North Atlantic and Marine Institute
- transfer arrangements between Memorial University as the sending institution and the Atlantic School of Business (Chartered Professional Accountants Education program) as the receiving institution
- transfer arrangements between College of the North Atlantic and specific universities and colleges across North America
NOTE: The information contained on this web page and in the online database is updated on an ongoing basis to provide the most current and accurate information on established transfer of credit and program precedents.
DISCLAIMER: Every reasonable effort is made to keep this information current and accurate. All final decisions regarding the transferability of courses or programs should be confirmed with the institutions involved.
Printable Transfer Guides:
Table of Contents
Please Note: This section only contains information from previous years of the Transfer Guide. If you wish to view the current version of the Transfer Guide, please follow the links above.
- Introduction (8 KB)
- How to Use the Transfer Guide (16 KB)
- Section 1: Overview of the Public Postsecondary System
- Section 2: Transfer of Credit Arrangements by Sending Institution
- Online Course-by-Course Transfer Database (28 KB)
- How to Use the Online Course-by-Course Database (26 KB)
- What is the Online Course-by-Course Transfer Database (32 KB)
- Some Historical Information about the Provincial Public Post (37 KB)
- 2.1 How to Use the Course-by-Course Transfer of Credit Arrangements between Public Post-Secondary Institutions
- 2017-2018 (115 KB)
- 2.1.1 College of the North Atlantic
- 2.1.2 College-University Credit Transfer Agreements
- 2.1.3 Fisheries and Marine Institute of Memorial University
- 2.1.4 Memorial University of Newfoundland
- 2.2 Credit Transfer Involving Other Agencies and Organizations
The following tables provide information on the exemption policies and/or credit transfer arrangements extended to provincial public post-secondary institutions by other agencies and organizations.
- 2.2.1 Apprenticeship and Trades Certification Division, Department of Advanced Education, Skills and Labour
- 2.2.2 Chartered Professional Accountant Certification Path
- 2.3 Credit Transfer Involving Maritime Universities
- 2.4 Credit Transfer Involving Early Childhood Education Program
- Section 3: Program or Block Transfer
- Section 4: Programs Linked to High School
- 4.1 Advanced Placement (AP) Program
- 4.2 International Baccalaureate (IB) Program
- 4.3 Adult Basic Education (ABE) Program
- Section 5: Explanation of Terms (120 KB)
- Section 6: Institutional Admissions and Transfer Policy
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free.