To apply for full time funding, create a Student Aid account or sign into your current account to complete and submit your application.
By completing the full-time application and submitting all required forms and documentation, you will be assessed for federal and provincial financial assistance.
An application can only be processed if:
- it is fully completed
- it is received by the deadline date
- all required forms are signed and submitted
- all requested information has been submitted
- your previous loans are in good standing
Note for Part-time Student Loan Borrowers: If you hold a full time loan, and have entered into repayment, you are required to continue to make payments while you are in part-time studies. Full time loan borrowers have a 6 month grace period before required to make payments. After this grace period, you will enter repayment for your full time loan even if enrolled in part time studies. Interest will not accrue on your part time loan while you are in part-time studies. However, interest will continue to accrue on your full time loan while enrolled in part time studies. Repayment of your part time loan will start 6 months after the completion of your part-time study period.
Assistance in Completing your Application
Before you start the application, you should:
- Application Guide – for detailed information on the Canada – Newfoundland and Labrador Integrated Student Financial Assistance Program
- Application Checklist (482 KB) to determine what forms and documentation you require
- Collect the following information:
- Student Information
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Line 150 of your previous year’s Income Tax Return
- Any other financial resources or income information (RESP, investments, scholarships, etc.)
- Complete mailing address and permanent address (if different from mailing address)
- Current and cell phone numbers
- Employment and education history for last 5 years
- Program Information
- Name of Program
- Institution Name (and campus, if applicable)
- Start and End Dates for the current academic year
- If you are a Dependent Student:
- Parent(s) information (i.e., SIN, date of birth, postal code, line 150 of previous year’s Income Tax Return)
- Brother(s)/sister(s) name and age (and SIN if attending post-secondary)
- If you are a Married/Common-Law Student
- Spouse’s SIN, line 150 of previous year’s Income Tax Return, date of birth and income
- Student Information
Sign in to the online application.
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free.