Forms and Documentation

Copies of all required forms are available below. Forms and documentation requirements depend on your particular situation. Forms can be submitted by email (, fax (1-709-729-2298), mail or dropped off to our office at Coughlan College. If you fax or email a document, please do not submit the original.

Important Note: For first-time borrowers, information regarding your Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) will be emailed to you once your application has been assessed and you are approved to receive an amount of student financial assistance.


Application for Grants for Services and Equipment for Students with Permanent Disabilities (2 MB)
Students with permanent disabilities who have exceptional education-related costs associated with their disability (such as costs for hiring tutors, note-takers or interpreters, or costs for braille-related expenses or technical aids), may receive up to $20,000 per academic year through the Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Students with Permanent Disabilities. Additional funding is available through the Grant for High Need Students with Permanent Disabilities if required. Once your application is processed, you will receive written notification of your eligibility. To be considered for this grant, you must also submit the Verification of Eligibility Form when you apply for full-time assistance.

Confirmation of Enrolment Form (1.09 MB)
If you are attending post-secondary full-time but not in receipt of a loan, you must confirm your enrollment by notifying the National Student Loan Services Centre (NSLSC) at 1-888-815-4514 to maintain your interest free status and keep your loans in good standing. It is important to complete and submit this form before the end of the first month in your semester.

Income Confirmation Form (ICF) (753 KB)
Required to confirm your income during the pre-study period.

  • Assessed prior to the start date of your semester: An ICF is required in order to receive any future funding.
  • Not assessed by the start date of your first semester: An ICF is required in order to have your application processed.
  • Applying after the start of your first semester: an ICF is not required.
    • Important Note: Confirming your income is a critical part of the application process. The Income
      Confirmation Form verifies your actual pre-study income; if this differs from the amount you estimated on your
      application, it may impact the available funding for future semesters.

Medical Appeal Form (748 KB)
If you are requesting that an over-award be removed from your file due to a medical withdrawal, this form must be completed by you and a medical professional.

NL Student Grant Eligibility Form (751 KB)
Required for students studying outside the province, to determine your eligibility for an amount of NL Student Grant.

Program Cost Form (782 KB)
Required if you are attending an educational institution other than Memorial University, Marine Institute or College of the North Atlantic, unless requested. The form must be completed by a representative of the educational institution you are attending.

Reduced Course Load Request Form (1.2 MB)
Required if you are requesting an exemption from the requirement to carry at least 80% of a full course load.

Student Appeal Form (766 KB)
Required to request to have your need assessment reviewed.

Student’s Consent to Release Personal Information Form
Privacy legislation limits with whom we can discuss your file. This form is required if you consent to have the personal and financial information in your file shared with a third party such as a parent or spouse. This form is required each academic year.

  • 2019/20 (693 KB) (if your program starts after July 31, 2019)

Parents’ Declaration, Consent and Signature Form
Required if you are a dependant student.

  • 2019/20 (693 KB) (if your program starts after July 31, 2019)

Spouse’s Declaration, Consent and Signature Form
Required if you are married or in a common-law relationship.

  • 2019/20 (693 KB) (if your program starts after July 31, 2019)

Verification of Eligibility Form for Students with Permanent Disabilities (1.8 MB)
Required if you are applying as a student with a permanent disability. You must sign the consent portion of the form. The verification portion must be completed and signed by a qualified medical or educational assessor.

^ Top of Page


Birth or Baptismal Certificate
Required for each dependant child and must contain the names of both parents.

Canada Child Tax Benefit Confirmation
Required if you are a single parent to confirm receipt of this benefit. You can obtain this confirmation by calling the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-387-1193.

Childcare Cost Confirmation
If you have a child(ren) aged 11 years or under listed as a dependant on your application and you are requesting
reimbursement of childcare costs, you must submit a letter from the appropriate government department verifying that you
are not receiving a childcare subsidy. Your application will first be assessed without a childcare amount and will be
reassessed if this confirmation is received.

Common-Law Documentation
If you are living in a common-law relationship, you may be required to submit a letter from an unbiased, unrelated third party who has personal knowledge of your living arrangements and who can confirm the date of cohabitation; confirmation from your landlord is not acceptable. The third party must submit their contact information, occupation and their relationship to you; affidavits are not acceptable.

Crown Ward
If you are a current or former Crown Ward you must provide documentation to confirm.

Dependants with Special Needs
If you have dependant(s) with a disability 12 years of age or older, and are claiming childcare costs, you must submit a letter from a physician confirming that daily care is required and receipts verifying the amount claimed.

Employment Insurance Information
Confirmation of your Employment Insurance Benefits is required and can be obtained from “My Service Canada Account”

Information From One ParentIf you are requesting to have the financial information of only one parent/guardian used in your assessment, the parent with whom you live must submit an explanation of why the second parent’s information is not available, demonstrating that there is no relationship between the student and the absent parent.
Note: The refusal of a parent to contribute to the cost of post-secondary education is not an acceptable reason to have parental contribution waived.

Protected Person Status Documents
This document is required if you are a protected person and it must be valid for the entire study period. Application for protected person status can be made through the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.
Note: If you are designated as a protected person, you are required to obtain a temporary Social Insurance Number through the Service Canada website.

Permanent Resident Documents
This documentation is required if you are a permanent resident of Canada and it must be valid for the entire study period. A valid Permanent Resident Card (previously called a Record of Landing) is required. Applications for your Permanent Resident Card are available through Canada Immigration.

Scholarship Verification
If you are in receipt of a scholarship, confirmation of the amount and when you will receive the funds is required from the scholarship source.

Spouse with Permanent Disability Confirmation
If you have indicated you have a spouse with a permanent disability on your application, confirmation is required.

^ Top of Page

Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free.