Linkages is delivered in partnership with community-based agencies, it provides unemployed youth (18-30 years of age) with 26 weeks of career-related, paid employment and an opportunity to participate in career and employment planning sessions.
Sponsoring agencies are eligible to receive a 15 per cent administrative fee, based upon the number of contracted positions, for monitoring, administering, and providing the required employment support. Employers are eligible for a $9 per hour wage subsidy, for a maximum of 36 hours per week, for 26 weeks (up to a maximum of 936 hours). Participants are eligible for a completion bonus up to $468.
The total funding allocation per placement is $10,225.80 (includes wage subsidy, completion bonus, and administrative fee).
- Linkages Application Information 2019-20 (282 KB)
- Linkages Guidelines (497 KB)
- Linkages Fact Sheet (93 KB)
Eligibility criteria for organizations:
- Be not-for-profit community-based agencies that offer life skills, career planning or employment readiness programs with the capacity to offer employment supports and follow-up services;
- Effectively link participants with local employment opportunities; as per their Employment Plan.
- Deadline is announced each fiscal year.
- Resident of the province;
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents entitled to work in Canada;
- Participated in Case Managed Services of assessment and employment planning;
- Have an active employment plan, prior to supports being incurred and/or issued, that is in support of the achievement of their employment goal; and
- Have completed a Client Consent Form for the exchange and/or release of information.
Eligible participants shall be youth age 18 to 30 years, who are non-Employment Insurance (EI) eligible as defined in section 2(f) of the Income and Employment Support Act, or EI-eligible as defined in Section 58 of the Employment Insurance Act and have:
- Completed a minimum of Level II of the high school program and out of high school for a minimum of six months
(Please Note: the six-month clause is not applicable to high school graduates. Youth having completed GED or ABE Level III are considered to be the equivalent of high school graduates);
- Not completed post-secondary training
(Please Note: for the purposes of the Linkages program, a graduate of ABE is not considered a post-secondary graduate and is therefore eligible to participate in the program);
- Demonstrated they have limited work experience and have not made a successful attachment to the labour force; and
- Developed an employment plan.
Day 1: After the deadline, a complete application is received by the Department and assigned for assessment.
Day 1-15: The application is reviewed by the Department to ensure the agency meets with eligibility criteria. Applications may be prioritized based upon requests and budget availability. Recommendations are forwarded to Provincial office for secondary review and submission to delegated authority (approver).
Day 15-30: The delegated authority reviews assessment and recommendations to make a final decision. Applicant will be notified once approval has been granted or denied.
Click here for details on the service standard.
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free.