The Policy and Information Management Division provides policy development and analysis, strategic planning, operational planning and human resources support within the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. The division is also responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of Information Management and Information Protection (IM/IP) policies and procedures throughout the department in order to provide quality IM services to its clients. Additionally, the Division provides connectivity and youth internship funding to public Internet access sites formerly funded under the Community Access Program (CAP).
Policy and Planning
- Coordinates planning and reporting functions in accordance with the Transparency & Accountability Act. This includes the development of the department’s strategic plan and annual report, as well as providing assistance and advice to the department’s entities with respect to planning and reporting.
- Monitors and reports progress on departmental commitments and performance contracts.
- Provides executive support through the preparation and coordination of Cabinet submissions, briefing materials and central agency requests.
- Provides human resources planning and reporting support to the Executive, Human Resource Secretariat and departmental entities.
- Provides policy support for the K-12 Infrastructure programs and services.
- Provides support for the evaluation of departmental programs and services.
- Conducts research and develops, analyzes and disseminates policy.
- Coordinates department’s involvement in government-wide initiatives.
- Work with departmental staff to develop Information Management policies and procedures, allowing for increased accountability and efficiency in serving its clients.
- Implement and maintain electronic records managements solutions for the department.
- Administering the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act (ATIPPA) for the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
- Maintain the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development’s Registry
- Responsible for coordinating the Office of the Citizen’s Representative requests
- Provide connectivity and youth internship funding to public Internet access locations