The research section is responsible for collecting and reporting data generated from applied research and program evaluation. This data includes measurements of perceived need to help inform future programs and policy changes; input from program stakeholders to help design and develop performance measurement for increased accountability; opinions from program participants, coordinators and stakeholders; measurements of perceived impact of curriculum and program outcomes;
The evaluation section is responsible for:
- program and student evaluation and student certification programs and services. (e.g. includes: international, national, regional and provincial testing and assessment activities);
- high school certification and credit transfer program;
- adult education certification through the GED and the ABE equivalency programs;
scholarships and awards;
- regular reporting on student performance at the provincial, district, and school levels.
- professional certification of teachers in accordance with the Teacher Training Act.