- Responsibilities of the Parent
- School Bus Safety On the Bus
- School Bus Safety Outside the Bus
- Child Eligibility for Riding the Bus
- The School Bus, One of the Safest Vehicles on the Road
- Seat Belts on School Buses
Riding the school bus is a convenient and an efficient way to get your children to and from school each day. Most importantly, riding the school bus has been consistently proven through statistics to be one of the safest means of pupil transportation. These statistics imply that riding a school bus is safer than using a family vehicle! Over a ten year span only 0.3 percent of all collisions in Canada resulting in personal injury or death involved school buses. This is an amazing statistic considering there are approximately 600 million bus runs each year in Canada carrying children to and from school; that is 3.4 million trips a day!