Skip to content
- Arrive at least 5 minutes before the scheduled time and stand away from the roadway while waiting for the bus.
- Do not abuse, litter or cause damage on private property while waiting for the bus.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before entering the bus.
- Stand in a single file line and enter the bus one at a time. Don’t push.
- When crossing the road, wait until the bus driver signals you to cross. The school bus has flashing lights and a stop arm that lets the traffic know to stop.
- Always cross the road in front of the bus so that the bus driver can see you. An arm will extend from the front of the bus to keep you a safe distance from the front of the bus.
- Always keep a safe distance around the school bus.
- Never, for any reason, climb underneath or bend down in front of the bus. If you drop something that rolls under or in front of the bus then tell the bus driver.
- Dress according to the weather. Avoid wearing drawstrings and loose objects on clothing or back packs for safety reasons.