New Curriculum Status
- Heritage/Social Studies Curriculum
- Music Curriculum
- Visual Art Curriculum
- Drama Curriculum
- Print and Non-print Resource Acquisition
- People Profiles
- Fine Arts Equipment Program
- A new Newfoundland and Labrador History course has been introduced at Grade 8, with a locally-developed textbook, Voyage to Discovery.
- On-line learning resources for junior and senior high students are being developed in partnership with The Rooms and Memorial University. Resources focus particularly on NL participation in WWI, aboriginal culture, women in history, Labrador, the fishery since 1800, and developments since Confederation.
- A new K-6 music curriculum, including Newfoundland and Labrador music as authorized learning resources, was implemented in September 2005.
- A new intermediate music curriculum was implemented in September 2009.
- Music program at the high school level is currently under review.
- A new primary Art curriculum was implemented in 2008.
- A new elementary Art curriculum has been implemented for grade 4 in 2009 and Grade 5 in 2010. Implementation for Grade 6 will follow in 2011.
- Art programming and resources at the intermediate level are currently under development.
- A new Theatre Arts 2200 course was implemented in September 2009.
In an attempt to increase emphasis on cultural content in the K-12 curriculum in Newfoundland and Labrador, this program identifies resources that complement curriculum outcomes, which address arts and cultural aspects of the province. The Print and Non-print Resource Acquisition program has enhanced students’ opportunities to increase their knowledge and appreciation for people, events, and places around Newfoundland and Labrador by placing local products such as books, theatre scripts, music CDs, and DVDs in school and public libraries throughout the province.
- 2019 Resource Acquisition Catalogue (3.8 MB)
- 2017 Resource Acquisition Catalogue (448 KB)
- 2016 Resource Acquisition Catalogue (651 KB)
- 2014 Resource Acquisition Fall Catalogue (1.4 MB)
- 2014 Resource Acquisition Winter Catalogue (1.9 MB)
- 2013 Non-print Resources Catalogue (651 KB)
- 2012 Resource Acquisition Catalogue A (651 KB)
- 2012 Resource Acquisition Catalogue B (1.7 MB)
- 2011 Print Resources Catalogue (9.5 MB)
- 2009 Print Resources Catalogue (740 KB)
- 2009 Non-Print Resources Catalogue (532 KB)
- 2008 Print Resources Catalogue (801 KB)
- 2007 Print Resources Catalogue (1 MB)
- 2006 Print Resources Catalogue (487 KB)
- Evergreen Call for Cultural Resources (491 KB)
This is a series of posters highlighting historically significant people who have made substantial contributions to
Newfoundland and Labrador. These biographies with accompanying photographs and artwork target curriculum at the
Through a procurement program, schools can access funding to purchase and/or repair fine arts equipment. Schools should
consult their districts regarding parameters and applications pertaining to this funding.
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free.