Students with vision loss ranging from mild to severe may require supports including technological assistance, and/or adaptations to teaching strategies and environmental arrangements.
Students, who have a moderate/severe vision loss and meet the following criteria, are eligible for the services of the itinerant teacher:
- Visual acuity of 20/70 or less in the better eye after correction; or
- A visual field of 20 degrees or less.
The itinerant teacher may offer some of the following services:
- programming and transition assistance for all preschool children who are blind or visually impaired prior to their entering school
- direct teaching in areas such as Braille, orientation and mobility, language, concepts, social skills, independent living skills, and use of low vision aids
- recommendation for specialized equipment and materials
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free .