Educational Leave/Ministerial Leave

Educational Leave

Teachers who have five or more full years of employment may apply through their district offices for paid education leave. Such leave is awarded on a university semester basis and pay during the period is at 80% of regular salary. The availability of education leave is limited and restricted to programs of study approved by the registrar of teachers based on priority identified by the school districts. Link to NLESD application .

Ministerial Leave

Ministerial Leave is granted at the discretion of the Minister of Education under exceptional circumstances when no other provision for leave with pay is available under the NLTA collective agreement. Application for Ministerial Leave must be done through the district office.

Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free .