Welcome to the online Position Description Questionnaire (PDQ). This system will support employees with the completion of their PDQ and assist the various levels of management in reviewing and signing-off on the employees PDQ. This tool will enable employees to complete their PDQ and submit it to the Human Resource Secretariat (HRS) as part of their reclassification request.
To access the PDQ you will require a User-ID. You will require a user account to be able to access the online PDQ. You can create your own account by following the instructions on the PDQ login screen. This will create the basic employee account. If you require access as a Supervisor, HR Representative or Permanent Head/Designate, first create your account and then contact HRS as per the contact information below to have the elevated role assigned to your account.
Before you begin completion of the PDQ, you must be able to identify your supervisor and permanent head and they must be set up in the system in order for you to submit your request for reclassification.
Login to PDQ: Position Description Questionnaire
Employees who wish to have their classifications reviewed under the new Job Evaluation System (JES) are able to do so by submitting a Position Description Questionnaire (PDQ). Employees can use the Microsoft Word version of the PDQ or complete and submit the PDQ online. Please follow the guidelines below.
- Online Position Description Questionnaire
- Position Description Questionnaire (189 KB)
- Position Description Questionnaire Training Guide (548 KB)
Should you require assistance in using the PDQ, contact our Support Group by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 709-729-3383 or toll free 1-888-729-7690 during government business hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily.
The PDQ application works with the following Internet Browsers:
- Internet Explorer Version 8, 9, 10 and 11 (32 bit);
- Firefox Version 32; minimum
- Google Chrome Version 38. Note: The PDQ will not work with Google Chrome versions higher than Version 38.
Other Browsers are not supported.
Users will also require the following:
- Adobe Reader 9 or newer (Available for free at https://get.adobe.com/reader/ );
- Web Browser Pop-up blocker enabled to allow pop-ups;
- Java script enabled in the Browser;
- Firefox settings to allow use of Adobe Acrobat; and
- Google Chrome settings to allow use of Adobe Reader.
For instructions on changing your browser settings, see the Computer Compatibility Guide. You must revert back to your original browser settings to work with other web sites / applications you may use.
Users requiring disability related supports to access the online PDQ should contact the Classification and Compensation Division at email@example.com or by phone 709-729-6334 or toll free at 1-844-254-6334.
- Computer Compatibility Guide (1.1 MB)
- Employee User Guide (2.3 MB)
- Supervisor, HR Representative, Permanent Head/Designate User Guide (2.5 MB)