Family Justice Services (FJS) assist families in resolving separation and divorce issues.
FJS emphasizes the best interest of children and promotes dispute resolution outside the Court process. Dispute resolution occurs when parties talk to a neutral third person to explore ways to resolve their family law matters.
FJS provides the following services:
- Parent Information Sessions on family law and parenting after separation
- Dispute resolution in cases of custody, access, and child support
- Counselling services may be available for children and their families as determined by FJS
FJS does NOT provide the following:
- Assistance with division of property
- Legal advice. It is recommended that parties obtain independent legal advice
- Divorce applications
There are no fees for any FJS services.