Note: all links below are PDFs and will open in a new window.
Fees under the Mineral Lands Division are as follows:
- Mineral claim recording fee: $15 per claim
- Mining lease rental: $120 per hectare
Applications are currently being updated. For more information please contact Kevin Sheppard, Director of Mineral Lands Division, by telephone at 709-729-6425 or by email at KevinSheppard@gov.nl.ca.
Exploration and Prospecting Forms and Applications
- Claim Staking Registration Form for Companies (MIRIAD) (118 KB)
- Claim Staking Registration Form for Individuals (MIRIAD) (819 KB)
- License Transfer Form (101 KB)
- Application/Notification for Planned Exploration Work (2.07 MB)
- Work Plan for Labrador Inuit Lands (147 KB)
- Genuine Prospector Designation (106 KB)
- Renewal of Prospector Designation (112 KB)
- Prospector’s Grant Application (627 KB) and Guidelines (122 KB)
- Prospecting Report Form (2 MB)
- Prospectors Training Course Application Form (2 MB)
Funding Assistance for Exploration
- Junior Exploration Assistance (182 KB)
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free.