Continuous improvement reduces steps in a process to improve services and shorten timelines for government programs and supports. These improvements can happen over time or all at once.
Continuous improvement also builds a work culture that encourages employees to share their ideas for improvement.
These changes improve a person’s service experience by:
- Improving the quality of work processes;
- Reducing errors or defects in processes;
- Lowering costs;
- Improving flow of the process;
- Simplifying complicated processes;
- Reducing lead time; and
- Improving employee morale.
Our office works with departments and agencies to improve service delivery. If you have a question or need help, check our contact page.