Due to COVID-19, the Provincial Government is temporarily closing the provincially owned and operated pools and training centre. Locations of the pools and training centre include:
- Gander (pool)
- Corner Brook (pool)
- Happy Valley-Goose Bay (pool with training centre)
The temporary closure is effective starting tomorrow (Saturday, March 14) and will be in place until further notice.
Also, sports and recreation organizations and teams should be considering ways to support social distancing which include:
- Don’t share items that may have saliva on them such as, drinking glasses and water bottles (athletes should use their own, labeled, water bottle for workouts, practices and games)
- No handshakes, high fives or fist bumps
- Minimizing close face-to-face contact during practices, games and in change rooms
- No group social activities
- Limit or stop spectators, especially for indoor sports and events
As the situation evolves, it may be necessary to further restrict any sports activities.
Current information from the Department of Health and Community Services on COVID-19 can be found here, with new information being announced and/or added as available.
– 30 –
Children, Seniors and Social Development