Due to COVID-19, the Department of Finance is operating at a reduced capacity, thereby affecting access to facilities and internal processing times. The department has also enacted a number of social distancing actions in an effort to limit the spread of the virus.
Central Cashiers Office
Counter services at the Central Cashiers Office are temporarily suspended and cash payments will not be accepted at this time. For those seeking to make a payment to the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, online payment options should be used wherever possible.
If online payment is not an option, payments can be received:
- By phone 709-729-3042 or fax 709-729-4117 for credit card payments; or
- By mail or drop-off box for cheque payments. The drop-off box is located in the East Block, Confederation Building in St. John’s, and can be accessed via the Employee Entrance at the back of the building nearest to the daycare.
Payment Processing for Goods and Services
The Department of Finance will continue to process vendor payments for goods and services. To minimize the risk of disruption in receiving payments, suppliers are strongly encouraged to sign up for direct deposit.
Suppliers should send their invoices by email to GNLInvoices@gov.nl.ca and supplier forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, these documents can be sent via mail or by using the drop-off box.
Suppliers with questions regarding outstanding payments can contact the Accounts Payable Service Desk by email at email@example.com or by phone at 709-729-6199 (toll free: 1-888-729-6199).
In person service is temporarily suspended. Clients are asked to use online options for submission of tax returns, applications, and corresponding payments wherever possible.
- Tax returns can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and all other applications (i.e. rebates, refunds, permits, licensing, etc.) can be emailed to email@example.com. Returns and applications can also be faxed to 709-729-2856.
- Individuals can contact the Tax Administration Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 709-729-6297 (toll free 1-877-729-6376) in order to set up for electronic funds transfer, wire payment, or e-file payment options.
- Diesel permit payments can be paid online.
If online options are not an option, please submit your returns and applications via mail or by utilizing the drop-off box.
Further information on tax programs administered by the Department of Finance can be found here.
For inquiries relating to the Uniformed Services Pension Plan, Members of the House of Assembly Pension Plan, or the Provincial Court Judges’ Pension Plan, please email email@example.com or call 709-729-3931.
We will continue to monitor and where necessary implement protocols required to contain the virus. For the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19, please visit www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.
For general inquiries related to government services, please call 1-833-771-0696 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– 30 –