- Check Before You Send
- Application Form and Envelope Downloads
- Mailing Address
- False Statements
- Confirm that you are permitted to file an Application for Service (336 KB)
- Complete all relevant sections of the form. All requests with incomplete information must be accompanied by a written explanation of the omission. If any portion of the relevant event information is left blank, the application will be returned for completion.
- Attach a photocopy of your legal birth certificate. (A baptismal certification is not acceptable.)
- Enclose the $50.00 application fee – cheque or money order in Canadian funds payable to Newfoundland Exchequer account.
Place the application form, a photocopy of your legal birth certificate (a baptismal certificate is not acceptable) and the required fee in a mailing envelope (grey envelopes preferred). Send to the address provided below.
- Application for Service (336 KB)
- Mailing Envelope (Optional: These downloads are provided for your convenience.
Office Location: 149 Smallwood Drive, Mount Pearl
Under the Adoption Act, it is an offence to make a statement that the person knows to be false or misleading in an application, or in connection with an application, for a copy of a birth registration or other record from the Vital Statistics Division, or for filing a disclosure veto or a no-contact declaration.
A person who makes a false statement commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a maximum fine of up to $10,000 and/or a term of imprisonment.
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free.