The Policy and Strategic Planning Division provides policy development, program evaluation, strategic planning, operational planning and organizational development support to the Department.
The Policy and Strategic Planning Division supports decision making in the Department by undertaking planning, policy development, research and evaluation. To this end, the division works in cooperation with a wide variety of stakeholders in both the public and private sectors.
The division is responsible for the department’s planning and reporting functions as outlined under the Transparency and Accountability Act. This includes preparation of the Department’s strategic plan, operational plan, annual report and workforce plan. The division implements work plan processes, coordinates learning and development, provides updates to the Government Commitments management information and the legislative agenda. The division prepares departmental responses to requests regarding the Red Tape Reduction Initiative. The division coordinates and supports intra-departmental and inter-governmental policy, planning and program evaluation.
- Accountability and Transparency
- Departmental Multi-Year Strategic Plan
- Annual Reports
- Annual Operational Plans
- Branch and Divisional Work Plans
- Performance Contracts
- Performance Measurement Framework and Performance Measures
- Program Evaluation
- Environmental Scanning
- Sector Planning and Strategies
- Special Project Planning
- Requests for Proposals (RFP)
- Policy Research and Coordination
- Executive Support
- Legislative and Regulatory Review
- Federal-Provincial-Territorial Agreements, Policies, Strategies, Research and Statistics
- Public and Stakeholder Consultation
- Red Tape Reduction Strategy
- Business Continuity Planning
- Northern Strategic Plan monitoring
- Policy Statements, Reports and Background Papers
- Policy Monitoring and Response
- Coordinates Inquiries and Investigations involving the Office of the Citizens Representative
- Coordinates Human Rights complaints
Clients include Service NL Executive and other senior officials, Legislative Counsel, Solicitors in the Department of Justice, other internal departments, Agencies reporting to the Minister, MHA’s (including opposition parties), and Federal-Provincial-Territorial Governments.