- Residential Tenancies handles mediation and adjudication of disputes between landlords and tenants.
- Charitable Gaming regulates the licencing of charitable and non-profit organizations’ lottery fund-raising activities to ensure a fair and equitable game and return to the organizations.
- Consumer Protection regulates transactions between consumers and business entities to ensure fairness and reasonableness.
- Security Services regulates licencing of individuals and corporations who provide clients with private investigation and security services for the purposes of protection or gathering information.
- Direct Sellers regulates licencing of direct sales contracts between consumers and business entities to protect consumers being solicited at home.
- Collection Agencies regulates licencing of individuals and corporations that facilitate the collection of outstanding debt for others
- Landlords and Tenants
- Lenders and Collection Agencies
- Charitable and Not for Profit Organizations
- Self-Regulating Occupations
- Educational Institutions
- Sports Organizations
- Fire Departments
- Private Investigators
- Security Guards/Burglar Alarms
- Door to Door Sales
- Credit Bureaus
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Federal, Provincial and Municipal Governments
Director: Jean Bishop
Consumer Affairs Division
Tel: (709) 729-2660
Fax: (709) 729-6998
Toll Free: 1 (877) 968-2600