Service NL replaces peeling licence plates free of charge. This applies in cases where the protective film has detached from the plate, causing it to become illegible or unreadable.
To receive a replacement for a peeling plate:
- The registered owner of the vehicle must present the plate and the vehicle’s registration at a Motor Registration Division Office. The registered owner’s identity will be confirmed by staff.
- Please Note: Only a registered owner of a vehicle can exchange its plate unless the registered owner provides written consent.
Plates may be returned for a replacement at these locations:
- Clarenville – 8A Myer’s Avenue
- Corner Brook – Sir Richard Squires Building, Mount Bernard Avenue
- Gander – 230 Airport Blvd
- Grand Falls-Windsor – 3 Cromer Avenue
- Happy Valley-Goose Bay – 2 Tenth Street
- Harbour Grace – 7-9 Roddick Crescent
- Labrador City – 118 Humphrey Road
- Marystown – 1 Harris Drive (Industrial Park)
- Mount Pearl – 149 Smallwood Drive
- St. Anthony – 6-8 North Street
- Stephenville – 35 Alabama Drive
Any customer who has paid for a replacement for a peeling plate since March 1, 2017 will receive a rebate. Eligible customers are not required to contact Service NL. Cheques will be issued by mail to the registered owner of the vehicle by June 30, 2017.
For further information about licence plate replacements, call 1-877-636-6867
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free.