This is an independent and unbiased reference for volunteers and voluntary nonprofit organizations interested in insurance and risk management.
- Types of Insurance Policies
- Important Things to Consider
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Risk Management
- Insurance Brokers and Agents
- Related Links
This information is intended to be a reference only and is not meant to take the place of a thorough insurance review or risk management plan. There are many insurance products and risk management options available and it is recommended that each organization complete a thorough review of their operations to develop a risk management plan and determine what insurance coverage may be required.
While reviewing this site, volunteers and voluntary organizations should keep the following points in mind:
- Do you host special events?
- Do you lease or own a building or office space?
- Do you transport clients?
- Do you have board members and other volunteers?
- Do you have employees?
- What insurance should you as a volunteer consider?
- What insurance should your organization consider?
2nd Floor, West Block
P.O. Box 8700
St. John’s, NL