Only registered electrical contractors with a contractor registration number and a valid email address can submit Electrical Applications Online.
- Application to Renew Contractor Electrical Certificate
- Application for New Non-Commercial Electrical Permit
- Application for Electrical Permit Extension
- Application for New Commercial Electrical Permit
An Electrical Permit may only be issued to a person who is the holder of an Electrical Contractor’s Registration Certificate.
Registered Electrical Contractors must complete and submit the Electrical Contractor’s Representative Inspection Report prior to the Government Service Centre issuing Connection Authorizations and/or Certificates of Inspection on behalf of the Chief Electrical Inspector.
- Electrical Contractor’s Registration Certificate
- Electrical Contractor’s Representative Inspection Report
Registered Electrical Contractors
Active Electrical Contractors in the province, as of November 20, 2019.
- Registered Electrical Contractors (135 KB)
Registered electrical contractors may renew their certificate online at the following link:
Electrical Permits and Inspections
To ensure public safety, approval must be issued before the installation or repair of any electrical equipment commences.
Registered electrical contractors can apply for electrical permits online at the following links:
- Online Application for New Non-Commercial Electrical Permit
- Online Application for Electrical Permit Extension
- Online Application for New Commercial Electrical Permit
Electrical Maintenance Permit
Approval is required from the Government Service Centre to maintain a building’s electrical system.
|Public Safety Act||Electrical Regulations|
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free.