An Electrical Permit may only be issued to a person who is the holder of an Electrical Contractor’s Registration Certificate. This certificate may only be issued to a person or company who applies in writing and is the holder, or employs the holder, of a journeyman’s certificate of qualification in Electrical Construction. There are three classes of Electrical Contractors – Unrestricted, Restricted and Residential.
- A completed Application for Electrical Contractor Registration (269 KB)
- A copy of the individual’s valid Certificate of Qualification indicating expiry date, if applicable, and original date of issue.
- Fee (see below)
|Public Safety Act||Electrical Regulations|
- $200.00 (H.S.T. not applicable) per Annum for one contractor registration.
Additional registrations $60.00 (H.S.T. not applicable) per Annum.
Applications and Publications
- Application for Electrical Contractor Registration (269 KB)
- Online Application to Renew Contractor Electrical Certificate
- Contractor Representative Declaration (233 KB)
|Regional Support Supervisor||Mount Pearl||(709) 729-5392|
|Manager of Operations||Harbour Grace||(709) 945-3106|
|Regional Support Supervisor||Clarenville||(709) 466-4068|
|Regional Support Supervisor||Gander||(709) 256-1109|
|Manager of Operations||Grand Falls-Windsor||(709) 292-4218|
|Regional Support Supervisor||Corner Brook||(709) 637-2200|
|Manager of Operations||Happy Valley-Goose Bay||(709) 896-5428|
Refer to the Government Service Centre locations page for additional contact information.
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free