All waste management systems, both private and municipal, must receive prior environmental approval from the Government Service Centre. This includes the construction or enlargement of waste disposal facilities (i.e. landfill sites, incinerator sites), approval to become special waste haulers in this Province (i.e. sewage hauler, salvage metal haulers, etc.) and for waste management facilities associated with farms.
- A completed application (1.2 MB)
- Engineering drawings of the proposed works;
- Engineering specifications of the proposed works;
- Surety bond, sum of money, or personal surety for waste management systems other than a municipal system. The amount is set at the discretion of the Minister; and
- Proof of newspaper advertisements or receipt of registered letters.
|Environmental Protection Act||Air Pollution Control Regulations, 2004|
|Storage of PCB Wastes Regulations|
|Waste Management Regulations, 2003|
No fee required.
Applications and Publications
- Application for Certificate of Approval (1.2 MB)
- Application for a Certificate of Approval for Livestock/Poultry Farm (540 KB)
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free