Approval is required to erect a sign along any highway maintained by the Department of Transportation and Works, or along that portion of any intersecting municipal and private roads that falls within the control zone as defined by the regulations. Approval is not required to erect a sign on the property of an active business provided that the information on the sign relates to an activity conducted on the property on which the sign is located. The initial development permit is valid for one year from the date of issue and can be renewed for a three year period providing the sign complies with all the conditions of the original permit.
- Completed application (257 KB)
- Two copies of sketch of proposed sign.
- Two copies of location plan (if required).
|Urban and Rural Planning Act, 2000||Highway Sign Regulations, 1999|
No fee required.
Applications and Publications
- Application to Erect Signs (257 KB)
- Off Site Promotional Highway Signage Policy (73 KB)
- Off Site Promotional Highway Signage Policy – Frequently Asked Questions (47 KB)
- Appeal Form (79 KB)
- Notice to Applicant (252 KB)
Refer to the Government Service Centre Division’s locations page for additional contact information.
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free.