The primary goal of the Occupational Health and Safety Division is accident and illness prevention. OHS recognizes that all workers have a fundamental right to a workplace that neither impairs their health nor imperils their safety. This is achieved by working with stakeholders to establish, promote an enforce workplace practices, standards and procedures.
- Memorandum of Understanding between WorkplaceNL and Service NL (232 KB)
- What’s New
- Cannabis and the Workplace (220 KB)
- OHS Mineral Exploration Guide 2014 (1 MB)
- The Newfoundland and Labrador OHS Regulations are changing as of January 1, 2020 to require employers to develop, implement and maintain a written harassment prevention plan to address workplace harassment. The new regulations can be found at this link: https://www.gov.nl.ca/snl/files/printer-gazette-extraordinary-issues-2019-nlg190515-extra.pdf. For guidance and more information call OHS, Service NL at 729-4455 or go to WorkplaceNL (https://workplaceNL.ca).
- Legislation Summary
- Safety Guidelines and Information
- Inspection Activity 2013 – 2017
- Occupational Health and Safety Explanation Guide (Revised)
- Occupational Health and Safety Division Safety Bulletins
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free.