The Division is responsible for the planning, development, implementation and management of all information management functions within the Department. The Division develops and maintains policies and procedures for the creation, distribution, use, maintenance, and disposition of all departmental records. This includes ensuring compliance with the Management of Information Act, the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 2015, and the Rooms Act.
The Information Management Division provides internal support to the department including:
- Respond to access to information requests and advice on protection of privacy matters for clients and employees.
- Manage the department’s paper and electronic records and information repositories.
- Offer information management consulting and advisory services to the department’s management team and staff.
- Coordinate Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner’s requests.
- Liaise with OCIO on the use of IT assets and services.
- Internal employees
- Elected officials
- Other government departments
- Individuals requesting personal information
Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 2015 (ATIPPA, 2015)
To request copies of your records or for questions on how we protect your personal information, please call:
Sharon Seaward, ATIPP Coordinator