Service NL through the Vital Statistics Division is responsible for registering and certifying all births, deaths and marriages. It also registers adoptions and legal name changes and certifies clergy and civil authorities for marriage ceremonies.
Online Orders for Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates
- Getting Married
- Marriage Certificate
- Marriage Commissioners Directory
- Marriage Licence Issuers Directory
- SkillsPass NL Training – Marriage Commissioners
An online training for existing appointed marriage commissioners to ensure they understand their roles and responsibilities when performing a civil marriage.
- SkillsPass NL Training – Marriage Licence Issuers
An online training for existing appointed marriage licence issuers to ensure they understand their roles and responsibilities when issuing a marriage licence.
- Accessing Records Under the Adoption Act
- Department of Children, Seniors and Social Development
- Filing a Disclosure Veto or No-Contact Declaration
- Application form
Change of Sex Designation
- Application for Change of Sex Designation – 16 Years of Age and Over (333 KB)
- Application for Change of Sex Designation – Under 16 Years of Age (319 KB)