In May 17, 2005, Service NL introduced amendments to ATV legislation. With the increasing use of ATVs as a recreational vehicle, amendments to the existing legislation were necessary to improve safety around that use, particularly with respect to the safety of children. At that time, government also undertook the development of a safety awareness campaign, the features of which are contained on this site. Developed in consultation and cooperation with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary, this campaign is aimed at both adults and youth.
Safety Awareness Campaign and Legislation
Link to the brochure to find details of why the legislation was amended in 2005. A link to the actual legislation is also here. Check out the poster for use in schools and other youth related venues, the print advertisement for local papers and the television and radio commercials.
- Putting your safety first: Stay safe with ATVs
- Information on ATV Safety
- Motorized Snow Vehicles and All-Terrain Vehicles Act
- Government introduces safety measures for ATVs – News Release (2005)
- ATV Safety Brochure (704 KB)
- ATV Safety Poster (2.2 MB)
- ATV Safety Advertisement (2.2 MB)
- Television Advertisement #1 (3.4 MB)
- Television Advertisement #2 (3.4 MB)
- Radio Advertisement #1 (369 KB)
- Radio Advertisement #2 (369 KB)
If you have any questions, feel free to send us an e-mail.
- E-mail: email@example.com
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free.