Text Alternative for Access to Privacy and Protection of Privacy 2015-16 Infographic outlining highlights of ATIPP requests from April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016.
For complete statistics found in the 2015-16 Annual Report, please visit the ATIPP Office website at www.atipp.gov.nl.ca under Publications.
Access to Information Requests
- A total of 1410 requests were made to government departments and public bodies, an 86% increase from 2014-15 where 757 requests were received.
- 82% were general access requests while 18% were personal information requests.
- Of the 1410 requests received, 96% were responded to within the legislated timelines.
- An average of 51 requests were received per month by government departments.
- The top three types of applicants requesting access to information are individuals at 51%, political parties at 17% and the media at 16%. These figures represent general requests received.
- 2536 employees completed online access and privacy training.
- More than 1460 people attended 70 access and privacy training sessions.
Departments and Public Bodies
These figures represent the total number of general access requests received in 2015-16.
Departments that received the most general requests:
- Municipal Affairs received 71 requests.
- Transportation and Works received 70 requests.
- Health and Community Services received 59 requests.
Public Bodies that received the most general requests:
- Memorial University received 83 requests.
- City of St. John’s received 64 requests.
- Royal Newfoundland Constabulary received 53 requests.