April is recognized internationally by industry and government as Information Management Month (IM Month). The Management of Information Act outlines IM requirements for the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador and public bodies. As an employee you are legally obligated to comply with this Act. The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) provides employees with policies, directives, standards, guidelines and best practices to support compliance.
This month, the OCIO is counting down the Top 10 Records on the “For the Record, Thats a Record!” Chart:
Technical / Scientific Documentation – That’s a Record! (557 KB)
Activities that Support Objectives of a Department – That’s a Record! (557 KB)
Correspondence/Instant Messages(s) to Support a Business Activity – That’s a Record! (557 KB)
Case File for a Program or Service – That’s a Record! (557 KB)
A Contract – That’s a Record! (557 KB)
Photos, Rock Samples, and Slides – That’s a Record! (557 KB)
Recording of an Event or Situation Observed or Transmitted Verbally – That’s a Record! (557 KB)
Significant Drafts in Development – That’s a Record! (557 KB)
Meeting Note(s) – That’s a Record! (557 KB)
Advice and Recommendations Given to Executives – That’s a Record! (557 KB)
The OCIO encourages employees to:
- Check out the NEW For the Record! That’s a Record! OCIO IM Month Poster.
- Visit the OCIO IM Website.
- Complete IM@Work: Making Information Management Work For You. This e-learning course is available through the Centre for Learning and Development’s Learning Management System.
- Stay tuned, OCIO will facilitate IM events throughout the month.
- For further information about Information Management Month, contact the OCIO at IM@gov.nl.ca.
Please note that information contained in this page is available in alternate format by contacting IM@gov.nl.ca.
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free