The Department of Fisheries and Land Resources Agriculture Production and Research Division, together with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Grenfell Campus – Memorial University, Food First NL and the Newfoundland and Labrador Federation of Agriculture will hold its fifth biennial Agriculture Symposium on November 3-5, 2020 in Corner Brook, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Our Food. Our Future. – Growing Opportunities in Agriculture through Innovation and Collaboration will facilitate discussions across a continuum of disciplines relating to agriculture, all of which contribute to building a sustainable, robust food system that will enhance food security in Newfoundland and Labrador.
This three-day symposium is intended for new and existing farmers, students, researchers and extension specialists interested in agri-food production, research and food systems and who want to learn more about becoming a successful farmer, innovative methods and technologies, sustainable intensification, small-scale production, farm diversification, marketing and consumer awareness.
The event will provide opportunities to:
- Visit a trade show exhibiting innovative agriculture equipment, technologies and products
- Learn about current research through a series of “lightning talk” presentations and poster displays
- Hear from local and international industry and business professionals
- Participate in breakout workshop sessions on topics such as soil management, pests and disease, intensified crop production, and livestock production.
- Network with representatives from community and government programs and initiatives
- Taste some of the finest locally produced foods/beverages made in Newfoundland and Labrador
*For information about becoming a sponsor or entering in the trade show, please contact 709.637.2089 or email email@example.com